The Gates of Hell have burst open, and the Old Gods have returned to reclaim their dominion over the world and humanity.

Only Aldo - transformed by a profane ritual and a bizarre twist of fortune into the freakish Undead Dog Boy - stands between them and their nefarious plan to enslave humanity in a world of empty bliss.

Night Song is now available in print and Kindle e-book at

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LXBPS0W.

Monday, October 20, 2014

The Origins of Night Song

Frame from the original Night Song animation


The original look of Aldo the Undead Dog Boy


There's been some curiosity about how "Night Song" came about and how long it took to write it. 

The story began as an animation experiment back in 2003. I wanted to see if I could make a cartoon of a pile of bones reconstituting back into a demon form. So for that to make sense, I had to also animate the weird ritual that went into it. I made the cartoon, and posted it on a site for student and indie filmmakers called Triggerstreet. Surprisingly, the response was pretty good, and a lot of people wanted to know the back story. So I started developing the story and making more animations to go with it. I finally abandoned the animation project around 2009, but I had the whole story pretty much roughed out. So when I entered semi-retirement in 2011, I thought it might be an opportunity to do something with the story itself, and I started this blog where I serialized the rough draft. It was fine until I started getting busy with graphics work. Then I just didn’t have the time. Also, I didn’t seem to be reaching anybody with the blog anyway. So I abandoned that at the end of last year, and figured I’d just go ahead and finish it off as a book, and enter the world of self publishing.

So basically, I guess you could say I worked on the story off and on for about 11 years. But I really only actually worked on it as a book for about 6 months.

That’s about all there is to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment